7-Zip is an open source file archiver with the high compression ratio mainly for the Microsoft Windows running system. It runs either as a command line program or with a graphical user interface. It likewise includes combination with the Windows shell environment.
7-Zip is totally free software application, established by Igor Pavlov and dispersed under the GNU LGPL license.Compression ratio outcomes are really reliant upon the information utilized for the tests. Normally, 7-Zip compresses to 7z format 30-70 % much better than to zip format. And it compresses to zip format 2-10 % much better than the majority of other zip suitable programs. This file archiver deals with all Windows os, from Windows NT to Windows 10 (64-bit and 32-bit).
The highlights of 7 zip:
- High compression ratio in brand-new 7z format with LZMA compression and LZMA2 compression
- For ZIP and GZIP formats, the supplied compression ratio is 2-10 % much better than the ratio offered by PKZip and WinZip
- Strong AES-256 file encryption in 7z and ZIP formats
- Self-extracting ability for 7z format
- Combination with Windows Shell
- Effective File Supervisor
- Effective command line variation
- Plugin for FAR Supervisor
- Localizations for 87 languages
Loading/ unloading: 7z, XZ, BZIP2, GZIP, ZIP, wim and tar
Unloading just: AR, ARJ, TAXI, CHM, CPIO, CramFS, DMG, EXT, FAT, GPT, HFS, IHEX, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MBR, MSI, NSIS, NTFS, QCOW2, RAR, RPM, SquashFS, UDF, UEFI, VDI, VHD, VMDK, WIM, XAR and Z.
Modifications in 7-Zip 15.14 (2015-12-31):.
- The code for “Open file from archive” operation was enhanced.
- The code for “Tools/Options” window was enhanced.
- The BUG was repaired: there was incorrect mouse cursor capture for drag-and-drop operations from open archive to Explorer window.
- Some bugs were repaired.
- New localization: Yoruba.
- The BUG in 15.13 in TAXI code was repaired.
Size: 1.04 MB.